Pages

Tuesday, August 12, 2014

Day of DIY # 64. The wool cardigan.

Hellu!
Here's something I'm really proud of. It's my second adult sized cardigan and the first one I made (and completed lol) for myself! :) I also wanted the pics to be as awesome as the sweater so it got photographed two times (by my personal photographer <3 ) 8) The first pics were taken when we went to see my mom and another tribe member performing on their summer dance course. This is my contribution for Husmorsskolans Syförening this week.

Would you believe me if I said that it cost me 0 kr to make?

It did in fact. The awesome 100% wool (that's super soft and cosy!) was a gift from G. She bought me 900g in Turkey :) The buttons were a birthday gift from Sister R + family and they were in the biggest pile of buttons I've ever seen (let alone owned!) I should seriously weigh it. Must be kilos. The grey stripes were left overs from this one.

It's also the same pattern as the colorful raglan except I cut it open and made it a cardigan. I also made short rows in the back.

Love it!

 These last two pics were taken by the beach when we were practise driving. As in I was driving woop woop! I also had some pretty cool hair that day 8)

It's real snug in the back. Awesome! Oh and it's knit with size 4 needles and the arm cuffs are 3,5. The bottom on the body part is moss stitch.

I'm quite surprised at how much use I've gotten already out of a wool cardigan in the middle of summer. It's really warm but not too hot in the evenings :) Yay for superduper knits!
Toodels!

4 comments: