Pages

Tuesday, July 9, 2013

Day of DIY # 49. Tablet weaving take 2.

Hellu!
Here's my contribution to this weeks Husmorsskolans Syförening. I just love yarn, so much. You can do so many things with it. When you're done knitting, crocheting or embroidering there is still so much left to do. Like tablet weaving. This is my second project in that area. (Here's the first.) Here's some (a lot) pics!


Picking my pattern.

I chose purple, brown and blue. Gotta keep 'em guessing y'know ;) The yarn is wool from Klippans Yllefabrik.

Weaving. With some playing cards. HOW COOL IS THAT!?!? Very.

Pretty neat watching the ribbon/sash/whatever you wanna call it grow as you're turning the playing cards :)

I wasn't planning on making a super long ribbon but that's what I did lol. 190 cm oops :)

It's a bit crooked and uneven but that the heck. The bf suggested making a ribbon for the camera out of it so that's what we'll do :)

I'm guessing this may come as a surprise to some people but I've been thinking about making a rainbow ribbon as well. I know, totally weird right!? ;)
Also, I'm now a proud aunt to two little kiddos! Rejoice!
Toodels!

7 comments:

  1. Vilken härlig entusiasm! Men, bandvävning ÄR kul. Filta bandet lite innan du använder det som rem, då håller det bättre.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Va kul de ser ut! Fantastiskt fint resultat också.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Då saknar du bara hund till ditt nya hundkoppel.
    Visst är det en fräck teknik. Så enkel men med så användbara resultat.
    :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. What is the title of the book and where can I get it?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's called Hemmets handarbetslexikon del 3. I borrowed it from my mom. I think she bought it second hand. Maybe you could find it on a second hand bookstore online. Or a similar book in english perhaps.

      Delete
  5. Jeg vil gerne vide hvad bogen hedder :D

    ReplyDelete